Fern Ronay is an all-around enchanting girl, not to mention a lawyer/CPA turned writer/reporter/blogger who writes Stop and Blog the Roses for ChicagoNow and co-hosts “Behind the Book,” a show that puts the spotlight on Chicago area authors. She loves reading, eating and running and still considers herself a Manhattanite, but was born and raised in New Jersey and now lives in beautiful Chicago with her husband and fat cat, Magoo.
Distinguished, yet not in a stuffy way, Fern’s home is instantly inviting and makes you want to just plop right down, sip wine, and chat for hours. She’s my kind of girl! If you are not following her on Facebook or Twitter, run – do not walk – to your nearest computer.
Now, on to Fern’s Holiday Wish list!
1. Floor to ceiling bookcase from World Market. I love books! But, my poor, little three foot tall bookcase is overflowing. Time to upgrade. And, I mean UP-grade, to fit them all! And I love the industrial look of this one. It balances the rest of the décor in our place, which my husband calls a Pottery Barn museum.
2. Ottoman tray from Etsy. A klutzy gal should not balance her glass of water on the edge of the sofa. But, I do! Not for long though. Santa is bringing me this tray for the ottoman next to the couch. Goodbye, spills.
3. Full length mirror from Etsy. I have been living for four years without a full length mirror! I know, how do I leave the house in the morning? It’s a risk each day. I am in love with this vintage white tin framed one! I am not in love with the price but this is a ‘wish’ list.
4. Donna Karan bedding from Nordstrom. I don’t know what the statute of limitations is on bedding but I think we’re closing in and I adore this set. Also, I stopped sleeping on white sheets years ago. Dark sheets feel extra luxurious to me. I honestly think I sleep better on dark sheets! And I know I’d sleep like a baby in this Donna Karan set in “Truffle.”
5. Door sign from Amazon (Sawdust City LLC). This will go on the inside of our front door ~ a reminder each day before we go out into the world.
Image Credit – Sawdust City LLC, Amazon, Donna Karan, Nordstrom, World Market